Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

Happy Good Friday everyone!

I've seen this BC comic strip posted on Facebook and I thought it summed up the meaning of Good Friday quite succinctly:



I found a great explanation tying this comic strip and Good Friday together from another blog, marisfan.blogspot.com. I couldn't have said it better myself!

"That little exchange between two fictional characters says it all. I like to learn as much as I can about many different religions, spiritualities and belief systems. And yet there's only one in which the Divine gives us something, not capriciously or whimsically, but with no strings attached: pure gift. And the 'something' is God paying the price that we owe, a debt owed to God... by God giving up his life, for us.

The sweetest of swaps, and this Friday is very Good, indeed."

Have a blessed Easter and remember: Sunday's Coming!

No comments: