Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cheddar-Garlic Drop Biscuits

Happy Easter Weekend everybody! It is a gorgeous day here in NC. Tim's brother and his family are visiting this weekend and it is always great to spend time with them. My mother-in-law always "cooks big" whenever company is coming and since we knew we would be eating over at their house all weekend, we decided to clean out our fridge last night.

We had a little of this and a little of that for supper and I needed something on the side to round out our meal. I was looking for inspiration in our pantry and saw a box of Bisquick. A long time ago I made drop biscuits and they turned out halfway decent. I jumped online and found a recipe for cheddar garlic drop biscuits and whipped up a batch. They tasted amazing and were so easy to make! I didn't make huge portions and got 13 out of the recipe. I'm making another batch for Easter lunch tomorrow.

Cheese-Garlic Drop Biscuits via Betty Crocker

2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces) **I used more, around 3/4 cup
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder **I used garlic salt

1. Heat oven to 450ºF.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 9 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir together butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits.

YUM YUM! This recipe is a "keeper"!

I hope you all have a blessed Easter!
Melissa

No comments: