Thursday, May 10, 2012
The Quick Six
Hello dear readers! I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth, it has been
quite busy around here. Here's a quick rundown of what's been happening.
1. We got a new car-at least new to me. It is a Dodge Caravan and I love the
Stow and Go seating. Anna stowed her dance bag into the floorboard for the
entire 4 minute drive to dance class on Tuesday!
2. I'm still learning to sew, I've made pleated pouches for end of the year
teacher gifts, the tutorial is here. I'm going to add a small Burt's Bees gift
set to each one. I take a sewing lesson every Wednesday night (hooray for Me
Time!) and I am learning so much and now I want an embroidery machine. I would
be slapping my initials and name on anything that wasn't nailed down if I had
an embroidery machine.
3. We made it through another tax season. It is so nice to have Tim available
again to help with the munchkins.
4. The kids are looking forward to summer, I got Anna signed up for lots of day
camps, VBS, and art classes. She is counting down the weeks until we go on
5. Big Shout Out to my cousin Waverly who is graduating from Virginia Tech this
weekend with her Masters in Environmental Engineering. Woohoo! Must be nice to
be that smart LOL! I can't believe it's been 20 years since I graduated from
college. That just blows my mind.
6. I made this wonderful bean and corn salsa as a side dish for Cinco de Mayo.
I found the recipe on http://www.mantestedrecipes.com/ and it passed my test of A. it
had to be easy and B. I had to have all ingredients on hand! It is really
delicious and came together in no time at all.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Until next time,
PS Sorry the formatting is so funky on here, Blogger has changed and maybe that is why the line breaks are weird!