Friday, February 24, 2012

Food Friday-a Hit and a Flop!

Happy Friday everyone! TGIF!

This past week I had to make a little something for two different events. I decided to put my Pampered Chef mini muffin tin to good use.

Our local mom's group got together for lunch and a playdate for the kids on Wednesday so I made mini ham puffs. They turned out great! I used to sell Pampered Chef many moons ago and I made this recipe all the time when I did my cooking shows. You can't go wrong with it!


Here's the link from Group Recipes:
Mini Ham Puffs

I enjoyed meeting new moms and seeing all the little munchkins playing together. Since it was at lunch and near my office, I'm glad I was able to go.

The next day was our monthly birthday breakfast at work. Since I had such great luck with the ham puffs, I decided to use the pan again and make chocolate chip mini muffins using a mix. I don't know what happened but UGH! They turned out gross. I mean, it's a mix! The bottoms burned and the muffins stuck to the cute floral liners. As seen in the photo, the tops looked good but looks can be deceiving! Tim thinks it was the chocolate chips and maybe they would have turned out better if I had made large muffins. So off to Dollar Tree he went at 8:30 pm and bought some strawberry muffins. Those were good! Next month I'll make the mini ham puffs to bring to our birthday breakfast :)

For those of you with Keurig coffee makers, a friend posted on FB about how great the Celestial Seasonings Southern Sweet tea is. She was right! I bought a box at Staples and they are THE. BOMB. as Anna would say. Go get you some this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
XOXO,
Melissa

No comments: