Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekly recap!

Happy weekend everyone! Here is what we've been up to the past week.

It has been unseasonably warm here in NC. There has been no snow or ice and barely any frost this winter. We live NW of Charlotte and we usually get some snow in January. I like snow, but I don't like the disruption it causes since you can bet that on a snow day, schools will be called off but I have to work! I have a snowman flag outside and it looks so strange to have it out when the thermometer is showing 65 degrees, the kids are playing outside, and I hear a lawn mower running!

Anna said something cute the other day. We were cleaning out her closet and she took out a black turtleneck. I asked if she wanted to keep it and she said "No, I'd look like a female Steve Jobs if I wore it!" She is a mess.



Camden has been saying "bye" and waving consistently instead of making the sign for "please". This is a huge step for him as he is autistic and non-verbal. His speech teacher said he would most likely learn speech as whole words-like "bye"-instead of phonetically like "b b" then "ba" then "bye".

I am the new Children with Special Needs forum moderator on a local mommies forum that covers 3 counties. I hold the same title on another similar forum but this one is just for Lincoln County moms. I'm excited to help other moms with similar situations and to learn from them. Parental support is key when you are parenting a child with special needs.

In Lilly news, I scored an awesome dress from the Re-Lilly group on Facebook for $25! I can't wait to wear it this summer. The print is Chilean Avenue.






In the latest issue of Southern Living, they had a recipe for Pimiento Cheese Rolls. I might give these a try for our next employee birthday breakfast. What do you think?

1 25 oz. pkg. frozen Southern style biscuits (Pillsbury Southern Style Grands is what the SL kitchen used)
All-purpose flour
2 cups pimiento cheese (which I will purchase from the deli)


1. Arrange frozen biscuits, with sides touching, in 3 rows of 4 biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Let stand 30 to 45 minutes or until biscuits are thawed but cool to the touch.
2. Sprinkle thawed biscuits lightly with flour. Press biscuit edges together, and pat to form a 10- x 12-inch rectangle of dough; spread evenly with Pimiento Cheese.
3. Roll up, starting at one long end; cut into 12 (about 1-inch-thick) slices. Place one slice into each of 12 lightly greased 3-inch muffin pan cups.
4. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly, and remove from pan.

Have a great weekend everybody!
XOXO,
Melissa

No comments: