Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's Going On? + A Recipe!

Greetings readers! How's everyone doing? Here's a recap of what we've been up too.

The tooth fairy has been quite busy at our house, Camden lost both his two front teeth within a week. Anna lost a tooth too. Camden looks cute with the "window" in his mouth.

I decided to try Netflix since they offer your first month free plus a ton of Swagbucks if you are a new customer. I've watched mostly documentaries and a few tv shows. I watched A&E's "Obsessed" this morning. How the mind works has always interested me. I also enjoyed "The Story of Pixar Studios" and "Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney World". I guess I'm still a big kid at heart-and someone who doesn't have the attention span to watch a full-length movie!

It is officially tax season and Tim has been burning the candle at both ends. I still don't see how he can work so much and still keep his sanity. I would have punched my one way ticket into Broughton Hospital a long time ago if I had to work those kinds of hours.

Anna goes to a 4-H cooking class once a month and she had to make a display for a recipe she made at Christmas. She made hot chocolate and here is the recipe:

10 cups low fat powdered milk
1 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 3/4 c. sifted powdered sugar
1 3/4 c. non-dairy creamer

In a large bowl, stir everything together. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 15 cups of mix or 45 servings.

For a mug of hot chocolate, put 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water and stir. Top with marshmallows if desired.

This is rich and so good! Anna gave these as gifts at Christmas as it made a ton! This would be good for teacher gifts.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a great week!
Until next time,
Melissa

No comments: