Saturday, January 1, 2011

Best of 2010

Happy New Year everyone! I thought it would be fun to do a "Best Of 2010" edition and tie in a resolution for 2011. Here goes:

Best Book Read in 2010: Pilgrim's Progress. We read this in English class last year and watched the DVD along with it. The DVD was current, it was a modern adaptation, and the book made me think, especially in terms of faith and trusting in the Lord while going through bad times. Resolution for 2011: to pray more and be more compassionate towards others. Another resolution is to be more active in the book club I'm in and promote it. The book for this month is The Saving of CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.

Best Purchase of 2010: My Keurig Mini Brewer! I love this thing. And the fact I got it for a STEAL on eBay makes it better! I'm currently drinking Green Mountain's Chocolate Glazed Doughnut while I'm writing this blog. Resolution for 2011: to ease off on drinking McDonald's iced coffees and also Cheerwine.

Favorite Photo of 2010: the hot dog photo of the kids and me! This was taken in July at Myrtle Beach in front of B&B Antiques. It is an antique store on the main drag at Myrtle and they have all these crazy statues for sale in their parking lot. Tim was such a good sport in stopping and taking photos of us acting like total goofballs. I also have a photo of us by a giant ice cream cone, rooster, and mermaid! Good times! Resolution for 2011: to laugh more, live life to the fullest, and try something new.

Best Recipe of 2010: the crab cakes recipe from House-Autry Mills. The blog post with the details is here. We enjoyed these many times during the year, we served them with lemon pepper fish, steamed shrimp, and scallops. Resolution: to broaden my taste in different foods and be more organized in my meal planning now that I'm working more hours.

Have a Happy New Year everyone and here's to a fantastic 2011!
Melissa

No comments: