Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LL Bean Catalog

The spring catalogs are starting to arrive and I enjoy leisurely looking through them and dreaming of warmer weather, sandals, grilling out, and playing outside until past 9 pm, all while wearing new clothes :) So when I received the LL Bean catalog recently, these two things caught my eye:

Madras Comforter Set
How cute is this?! If I had a beach house, I would so decorate Anna's room in this. It just yells Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket-and I've never been to either! I have to live vicariously through Preppy Sue when she blogs about her vacations there. The madras is so summer-y and you can't go wrong with it. I love dressing Monkey Boy in madras shorts and Kangaroo Girl in a madras dress in the summer.

Whale Cardigan Sweater
I love classic, tailored clothing. Whenever I wear trendy clothes, I feel like they are wearing me instead of vice-versa. I don't have the style or flair to pull it off so I stick with something safe. I loved the preppy look back in the 80's and when I saw this sweater, it instantly took me back to my childhood. I seriously doubt I'll buy it, but I loved the walk down memory lane.


Where's my bermuda bag?! Aah, now my outfit is complete.

Until next time,
♥ Melissa ♥

1 comment:

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Cute! I like the green; feels very spring-y and fresh!