Friday, March 27, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Happy Friday! I haven't cooked anything spectacular this week so here's what I have cooked in the past.

I bought myself a Wilton Chocolate Melter (Merry Christmas to me....) in December and I love it! I made so many snacks and goodies that I was (almost) sick of chocolate. It was so easy to use and it beats having to mess with a double boiler. Just pop the blocks of chocolate into the melter and stir. It has a "warm" and a "melt" setting so your chocolate won't harden on you. I don't like doing anything tedious and this actually made candy making enjoyable. Here's what I made.

Goodies

Clockwise from top: chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate dipped marshmallows, chocolate dipped Rice Krispy treats on a stick, and chocolate dipped vanilla wafers. On the right is white chocolate haystacks.

I didn't use the chocolate melter for these, but here's the recipe. It makes a ton and it's easy! My kind of recipe!

Cropped pretzels

1 bag waffle pretzels (Dollar Tree!)
1 bag Rolo's or Wal-Mart brand Caramel Cups
1 bag pecan halves

Preheat oven to 200. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spread out the waffle pretzels on the foil, place a caramel cup on each. Melt in oven for about 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and press a pecan half on each caramel cup. Let cool to room temperature and enjoy. Makes a lot!

VARIATION: substitute a Hershey's Kiss (the Hugs/striped Kisses are my favorite) and M&M's for the caramel cups and pecan. You can use red/green M&M's for Christmas, red for Valentine's Day, pastel for Easter, etc. The good thing is, colored M&M's are usually reduced after every major holiday and you can stock up for cheap.

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: