Monday, March 31, 2008

McDonald's Iced Coffee

Photobucket
Oh. My. Goodness. Have y'all tried this? It is my new favorite beverage. Lincolnton has a coffee shop but it's on the Court Square and parking is a pain. McD's is right next to Monkey Boy's school and I'm all for convenience. Since Lincolnton is probably the only town in our hemisphere that doesn't have a Starbucks, I feel like I'm somewhere urban (like say, Gastonia) while I'm tooling around in the minivan, drinking an iced coffee out of a clear cup (it doesn't take much to amuse me).

I usually get the medium vanilla, and for $1.69 + tax, it's a great bargain! The other flavors are regular and hazlenut. I haven't tried the hazlenut, usually hazlenut flavoring makes coffee too sweet for my taste.

I had an allergy attack today and took a Benedryl this morning. I was still feeling sleepy at 2 pm so I loaded up Monkey Boy and I got one of these. It was nice not having to share (that's awful, but when my kids see anything with a straw in it that is not theirs, they want it NOW) and I took a little break, slowly relishing each sugary slurp while waiting in the carpool line at Kangaroo Girl's school. MMMMMM!

Try it and tell me what you think. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: