Saturday, March 29, 2008

Big Lots

If you know me at all, you know I'm a bargain hunter. I think it's in my genes. Big Lots is great for getting national brand food at deeply discounted prices-and it's not a "scratch and dent" store. Here's what I buy most often when I go to Big Lots.

Life Cereal
This is my favorite cereal but wow, it's expensive at the grocery store. Big Lots has it for $2.50 a box. I swear, I could eat this for breakfast every day for the rest of my life and be happy about it.

French Toast flavored Pop Tarts
This flavor was discontinued last year but Big Lots carries it. I stash a packet in my glove compartment when I don't have time for breakfast on the days I have to teach. $1.70 for a box of 4 packets (8 tarts total).

International Delight Coffee Creamers
Oh these are SOOOO good! I am a coffee freak and these are fab. They are really sweet so don't add sugar with your coffee unless you want your back teeth to hurt. I like the French Vanilla flavor too. $2.00 for a box of 24.

And for the kids, Little Einsteins cereal

Kangaroo Girl and Monkey Boy give this flavor two thumbs up. Monkey Boy even eats all I give him without throwing half of it on the floor! $1.70 for an 11 oz. box. Big Lots also has Disney Princess Fairytale Flakes for $1.20 for a 14 oz. box. What a deal!

Big Lots carries tons of General Mills items which has the Box Tops for Education labels. So that's a bonus too, if your child's school collects those.

Check it out! You never know what you will find at Big Lots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hunt at Big Lots also. I really got spoiled in Oregon. Their Big Lots and Family Dollar stores were all I needed to shop at for the weekly groceries (ate my hot meal at work). Another thing I'm missing by not living in Oregon! If you ever get a Trader Joe"s (and Charlotte has one near my old place now) it also is great for shopping.