Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Looking Forward to Looking Back

Tap tap...is this thing on?? 

After a 2 1/2 year hiatus from blogging, I've decided there are still stories inside of me that I want to tell. I love the Time Hop feature on Facebook and whenever a old blog post comes up of something that happened 8 or 9 years ago, I think about what's going on in my life right now that will pop up in Time Hop 8 or 9 years from now and I'll have the same reaction "Hey! I remember doing that! How much has changed since then!" I guess you could say I'm looking forward to looking back.

There is that gap of time from when I didn't blog, life got in the way, I moved on from blogging and forums to more short and simple updates on Facebook and Instagram. However, I still miss writing the longer, more in depth musings of a peek inside my life and what's happening. Plus I get to put my Communications and Journalism degree to good use!

I have so much I want to write about and it's good to get it out in written form. I don't say a lot in person, but writing is my favorite form of expression. That and my facial expressions, I can't hide what my brain is thinking!

Thanks, readers, all 2 of you (hi Mom and Aunt Caryl), for hanging in there and patiently waiting. I'll get this blog cranked back up and we'll see where life takes us. Hi to all my Facebook friends, 99% of you all are probably like "She has a blog? Who does that any more?" Well, I do. Enjoy reading my past entries and I hope it brings a smile and some insight into our life.

Thanks for reading!
-Melissa

No comments: