Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Parade

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did! Thursday night we went to my in-law's house and had an exciting time with Tim's extended family. I stuffed myself and felt like the chipmunk pictured. After we ate, the children and assorted parents went down to the basement playroom and romped around. My younger nieces were pretending to be on America's Next Top Model and walking around wearing a pair of high heel boots that belonged to my oldest niece (age 15). It was a hoot!

I went shopping on Black Friday BUT it was mid-morning, after all the early birds had left and gone back to bed. I have essentially finished my Christmas shopping, this is the earliest I have EVER been through. We went out Saturday to shop for Tim's parents and are finished with them. Now to wrap all these gifts!

Yesterday was Lincolnton's Annual Christmas Parade. Only at a small town parade would you see the following:

A truck painted like the American flag with a deer head on the grill. This wasn't in the parade but parked behind Tim's office.






A green dog! This dog grooming place is in every July 4th and Christmas parade. The dogs are painted/dyed something different each time. One year this dog was pink! The other dogs had lights and garland wrapped around them. It's so funny to see what they come up with next.


Someone dressed like a chicken, promoting a city ordinance coming up for a vote. Camden loved the chicken and my father in law made me take his picture with it! What a nut. A resident wants to have backyard chickens allowed in the city (no roosters though). Read more about it here.


Anna rode in the parade again this year on her dance studio's float. Miss Thang was standing up and waving to the crowd, while wearing a silver sweater dress and black sequin fingerless gloves. We have a diva in our midst! You can see her in the middle of the float.


That wraps up our holiday festivities so far! Stay tuned for my adventures in decorating our house for Christmas.

Have a great day!
XOXO,
Melissa

*Photo of the chipmunk by Barbara Lynne/Solent via the Ontario Telegraph

No comments: