Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!



Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope you all are enjoying a nice day off from work, as I am. We hit the Goodwill this morning, everything was 50% off! Woot woot!

Kristen over at one of the fantastic blogs I follow, We Are THAT Family.com, posted this and in honor of Labor Day, here are the stats of my labor when I had my two munchkins.

How long were your labors?
#1 Anna 12 hours
#2 Camden 12 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
#1 induced 9 days early due to swelling up like a toad.
#2 Felt uncomfortable in general, I was 2 days overdue, water broke on its own.

Where did you deliver?
Hospital for both. With Camden, it was a larger hospital in the next town over and they had just opened up their newly built Birthplace with the swanky rooms, whirlpool tubs, etc. Very nice!

Drugs?
Oh yes!

C-section?
No to both.

Who delivered?
#1 My OB
#2 Mid-wife who I LOVED. Such a gentler birth than #1.

How about you? What are your numbers?
[Did you adopt? (how long did you wait?) Not a mom yet (how long were your mom's numbers)?]

My mother-in-law was in labor on Labor Day when she had Tim! We celebrated Tim's birthday on Saturday and took a day trip to the always fabulous Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury then went through the village of Gold Hill. Gold Hill used to be a mining town and it has since been restored with quaint shops, parks, and various events during the week, including a bluegrass jam session on Fridays. I highly recommend going there for those of you all who live in NC, it is southeast of Salisbury.

Have a great week!
XOXO, Melissa

No comments: