Saturday, August 27, 2011

What a week!

Happy weekend dear readers! I am thankful every morning that I am able to live to see another day and I will make the best of it. However, I am also glad to see this week go! I am worn slap out. Let's see: a co-worker suddenly lost a family member on Monday, an earthquake hit on Tuesday, here in NC! Our building started swaying, it was very creepy. Wednesday I sprained my ankle when it got tangled up in a vacuum cleaner hose and I fell out of our van, on Thursday school started and the school secretary and I butted heads over a late bus, and yesterday ended up with a doctor visit and a rescheduled appt. for Camden since the office manager forgot to send me paperwork. SHEESH. Repeat after me: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13.

However, I am thankful that we don't live on the coast, which is being battered by Hurricane Irene. Prayers to all who live in the path of this nasty hurricane. I am also thankful that the kids had a great first week of school, especially since they are both at new schools this year. I am also thankful for being able to participate in some retail therapy last night, I found some great buys at a children's clothing consignment sale.

I don't have a recipe this time around, unless you need to know how to make a BLT or spaghetti, I didn't feel much like cooking something new this week, I was in "go with the flow" mode all week.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Here's to a better week!
XOXO,
Melissa

No comments: