Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

Hi dear readers! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day. It seemed like we ate the whole entire day! We met the in-laws for breakfast at Ryan’s (their breakfast buffet is highly recommended, weekends only), then went to my parents’ church. Most churches around here honor all the mothers, plus recognize the youngest and oldest mother in attendance. Who would have thought at 40 years old I would have won the hanging flower basket for being the youngest mother there! Here’s a photo of me, my mom, and Anna after church.

For lunch, we went to my in-laws’ house THEN for supper we went to my parents’ house. Remember that commercial from way back when: “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing”? Good lands, pass the Mylanta. All the food was fantastic but the diet started on Monday!

Tim cleaned out my van as a gift and that was a great gift! I keep the van fairly clean and vacuumed out but he REALLY detailed it, he took the seats out and shampooed the carpets. Anna and Camden made me cards and crafts from school. I loved everything I received and this Mother’s Day was very special.

Tim made up this wonderful avocado and Ro-tel dip. He drained the juice from the Ro-tel into a cup and set it on the counter. In .004 seconds, Camden showed up, grabbed the cup, and drank some! The look on his face was hilarious and Tim busted out laughing. Life is never dull at the Just Keep Talkin’ house!

1 ripe avocado
1 can Ro-tel (chopped tomatoes and green chilies)
Salt

Peel and dice avocado (don’t mash), place in large bowl. Open can of Ro-tel and drain, saving the juice, then gently mix together with avocado. Add some reserved juice if needed. Salt to taste. Let sit for 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. This keeps for about a day but it usually won’t last that long! So easy and simple.

Have a great weekend!
XOXO,
Melissa

Photo courtesy of the O. is Me blog since my food photos always turn out weird looking and not appetizing!

No comments: