Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Chicken Pie

Greetings readers! It has been a whirlwind of activity at our house, hence the lack of posts. I have many topics brewing in my head so get ready for more blog posts!

One of my go-to recipes when life gets hectic is Chicken Pie. You can get your protein, carbs, and vegetables all in one dish. I am not one to roll out handmade crust for the topping and this recipe is quite simple, as long as I remember to thaw out some chicken beforehand!

Ingredients:
3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1 can of mixed vegetables
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of chicken broth
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup of Bisquick
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, mix the chicken and mixed vegetables and place in 8x8 or 9x7 dish. In another bowl, mix together the soup, chicken broth, and pepper and pour over chicken/vegetables. In yet another bowl, make the biscuit topping, mix together the Bisquick, milk, and melted butter, stir until smooth. Pour over the top of the chicken mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until bubbly and the top is golden brown.

Even my two picky little monkeys ate this up! It was a good way to sneak in some vegetables. I served this with black eyed peas.

Have a great week everyone! Thanks for reading!
~Melissa

No comments: