Saturday, June 20, 2009

Comfort Food

My favorite homemade dish EVER is my mom's Ham-
burger Corn Noodle Casserole. I grew up on this! I could eat it every day for a week and still love it. I rarely eat it now since my husband thinks anything with a cream sauce is gross (but he loves clam chowder, so go figure...). My mom made a batch of it recently and graciously gave me a Pyrex dish full of it. It brought back great memories of my childhood. And I didn't have to share!

Here's the recipe:
1 package egg noodles, cooked
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped (or as much/little as you want, I'm not a huge fan of onions)
1 can corn, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Cook the egg noodles according to directions. Meanwhile, brown meat and onion in a large pot, drain off fat. Add the corn, cooked egg noodles, and soup. Gently mix and place in large serving bowl.

1 comment:

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Sounds delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!