Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mommies Group

Kangaroo Girl went to a day camp at a local school a few weeks ago and I saw this car magnet on the back of another parent's van.

Curiousity got the best of me and I'm so glad I joined this group last week! It's a mom's group that has groups all over the US and the one I joined is just for moms in the local 3 county SW Piedmont region. The group is further divided into smaller groups based on which area of the county you live in so all the events are local and not far away.

The groups have scheduled play dates once a week (we went to the park today), Coffee Break once a week, a monthly Mom's Night In where we meet at someone's house, and a monthly Mom's Night Out (karaoke, anyone?)

The forums on the website are great and have different sections such as Domestic Goddess (home ideas), Parenting, Special Needs Children, Entertainment (talk about tv, books, movies), Healthy Living, and much more.

I seriously doubt I have any readers who live in my area-with the exception of my mom-so here is the link to all the groups nationwide.

http://www.themommiesnetwork.org/locations.php

There are even Dad's groups! How cool is that?!

If you are looking to get together with a great group of local mom's, check this out. I'm so glad I found these gals, I wish I would have joined earlier in the summer!

No comments: