Monday, July 5, 2021

Cold Oven Lemon Rum Pound Cake

Hi Readers! Long time no talk!

I made a lemon rum pound cake since I have the day off today and had time to do it!

The recipe is a little involved so it will be easier to type it all out here.


1/2 c. butter, softened

1/2 c. Crisco

3 c. sugar

6 eggs

3 c. cake flour, like Swan's Down

1 c. milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/2 tsp. lemon extract

1/2 tsp. rum extract


Grease and flour a 10" tube pan. Cream together butter, Crisco, and sugar. Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to butter/sugar mixture, beating well. Alternate flour and milk to creamed mixture, starting and ending with flour. Add the 3 flavorings, beating and blending well. Put in a 10" tube pan. Place in cold oven and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Check for doneness as it bakes. Let cool then invert onto a cake plate. Add the glaze of your choice, I like this one:

Sundrop Glaze

2 cups powdered sugar

2 tbl. butter, melted

2 tbl. Sundrop

Whisk all in a bowl until smooth, spread over cake.


Notes: this made A LOT of batter! I had an overflow mishap since I made it in my Bundt pan. Lesson learned-use the 10" tube pan!



No comments: