Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hallmark Christmas Ornaments

It seems that the seasonal holidays keep coming faster and faster. For instance, my kids have been out of school since June 9 and already I'm getting back to school catalogs! After July 4th goods are clearanced out at our local Wal-Mart, school supplies show up then it's Halloween merchandise starting September 1st. However, one holiday item I look forward to seeing early every year is the newest Hallmark ornaments.

My mother-in-law got me hooked on Hallmark ornaments. Before my kids were born, she bought the holiday Barbie ornaments for my older nieces. Then Anna was added, and now Camden gets his own Snowball & Tuxedo series ornament. Our local Hallmark store closed a few years back and they sold all of the ornaments they had from 13+ years. That also fueled my addiction since you can't beat a 90% off discount!

Even though we're in the middle of a heatwave, looking at the new ornaments for 2010 got me wishing for winter and Christmas. I even started humming Jingle Bells! I love these new ornament series:

Christmas Cupcakes from the "Oh So Sweet" series How cute is this? I am seriously considering adding this to my list of series ornaments that I collect, which would bring the total to four (Holiday Barbie, Snowball & Tuxedo, Winter Fun with Snoopy, and now Christmas Cupcakes).

Stained Glass Window from the "Glad Tidings" series Beautiful! Love this one too.

Merry Mixer
Not part of a series, but I keep my stand mixer in heavy use during the holidays. Last year they had a talking refrigerator ornament. Very whimsical.

When we were at the beach last July, the new ornaments were released and I bought the miniature Snoopy ornament to add to my collection. I am going to make it a tradition to buy an ornament during Beach Week.

Anyone else out there collect ornaments?

Have a great week and stay cool!
Melissa

*All photos are from hallmark.com

No comments: