Friday, August 14, 2009

Preparation for School & Words to Live By

Hi blog readers! Long time no blog. We have been running crazy here getting ready for the start of school. I have 3 school schedules to keep track of: my daughter's, my son's preschool, and the private school where I teach. Of course, they all have different Open House nights and different start dates so thank goodness for calendars and grandparents who love watching my children during all these meetings.

My school where I teach has a new Headmaster this year. I have been really impressed since I met her this summer and talking with her on the phone. She said "The students probably won't smile until after Christmas" once she implements changes. I think there is room for improvement and I am anxious to see what she has planned. My first day of staff development workshops is Monday. It will be nice to get back into the routine. I'm teaching 9th and 10th grade English plus 11th and 12th grade Career Planning. I've cleaned out my briefcase and I am getting my ducks in a row so to speak.

This year I am going to implement a short devotion time before I start the lesson and I'm looking for readings, devotions, prayers, etc. One of my Facebook friends who is going into the 10th grade posted this and it hit me upside the head. I'm going to read it to my class. The author is unknown:

"Christ is not a fashion, he is not something you put on and wear for the world to see and then take off when inconvenient. Christ is a blood transfusion, the removal of imperfection and replacing it with perfection. He runs through your veins and affects every aspect of your life. He is your life and if He is in you, He will shine through you and that shines brighter than anything you can put on."

Can I get an AMEN?! Thanks to Abbey for posting that quote.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy what's left of summer!

1 comment:

~MGF said...

What a quote!!! Love it!

Melanie Franklin
Dothan, Alabama

(South Carolina Gal)