Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prom Time!

I teach high school at a small private school nearby and Friday is the prom! I was asked to be a chaperone and I am so excited to be going. I love my students and I am looking forward to seeing them all decked out.

Today in class, they wanted to get out early (what else is new) to go around to restaurants and look at menus and pick which one they wanted to make reservations for. I said "How many people will be in your party?" and one student said "About 28." I wished them luck in FINDING a place that will take 28 teens for dinner the day after tomorrow! Beggars can't be choosers! I recommended a good steak restaurant so I'm anxious to see where they end up eating at.

Since this is a girly blog, here's what I'm wearing:



It's the Bowen dress by Lilly Pulitzer from last year. It's a deep, dark navy with beads and sequins. So as not to scare anyone with the strapless factor, I'm wearing a white cropped open-weave sweater over it. What a difference from what I wore back in the late 80's to my high school prom! Big ballgown type dress (with a crinoline no less) and big hair to match! I'll try to scan in a photo or two and post them.

I'll post photos of my husband and I at the event later this weekend. He and I went to different schools so I didn't go to the prom with him. I often wonder what it would have been like if I had known him in high school instead of meeting him a few years after I graduated from college. I'll think of this prom Friday as a "do over" of sorts!

No comments: